Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hairless Panda

So Movember is finally over, and now your little baby panda angel is going to reveal the fruits of her hairy labor!


Okay, so the hair really wasn't that bad. At least I can be grateful that my Asian heritage left (or didn't leave me) with one thing. Although because I didn't handle a razor for so long, I didn't really know how hard to shave to get all the hair off. So I did some slight razor burn on my legs:

Don't mind the marks on my calf; those are just from the REALLY TIGHT H&M pants I bought (apparently European sizing is not as forgiving) and tried to live in over Thanksgiving break in order to stretch them out. Not sure if they got smaller, I got bigger, or my body fat just re-accumulated elsewhere (PLEASE BE BOOBS OR BUTT SO HELP ME GOD).
Also, we have started Thursday TIGHT NIGHTS! Instead of going out to a bar, we have resorted to the 50 cent wings at Chilis in celebration of football season. Obviously I don't care about alcohol or sports, so the great deal in my mouth is really the highlight here. And I even got a chance to take a picture with the VCU mascot, Rodney the Ram! (In my Penn State apparel, nonetheless):


Also, I am currently surviving the woes of being black pump-less (referring to the shoe, not the gasoline, of course). Having the misfortune of my heel discombobulating in the conference elevator while in Atlanta, I had to wear flats and run the risk of being assaulted by the conference fashion police (of course in academia, we have none; I only pretend to make myself feel better). Now in the midst of Christmas shopping season, shouldn't there be so many great deals on free shipping and shoes, especially in the classic and timeless black pump style? But alack! I am doomed to raiding eBay sales without gain...and what is the deal with these so called "peep-toe" shoes? Showing toes of any kind is completely unprofessional, not to mention making "peep"ing sounds with your feet. Leave the peeping to the marshmallows during Easter!

Please, if you can find a classic, black, leather pump, LET ME KNOW! Also, it must be $20 or less...I may be willing to pay for shipping, if they are Jimmy Choo or something. Otherwise, I shall forever remain in the shadows of the department store bargain bin. The joys of finding a shoe sale!

Finally, last Friday was the GRAND ILLUMINATION! Where many Richmonders came outside in the freezing cold in order to watch a Christmas tree light up, and then go to the Governor's mansion to shake ole'  Gov'nah Bob McDonnell's hand for an uncomfortable, extended period of time and be wished a "Merry Christmas" even if you are an Islamic Democrat (Obama). Aside from the awful, awkward political nature of this event, the lights are quite nice to have outside and make the streets look safer and filled with holiday cheer!

And speaking of Obama...MANDELA! The passing of a great man. And it was nice to see President Obama shake Raul Castro's hand. Truly the things that can be accomplished after death and happy to see Mandela's spirit live on, although sad to think that one must die before his dream can be achieved. Rest in peace, Panda Mandela.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, FOOL!